It is a normal physiological change for women of around fifty years age to cease ovulation. However this natural change can make the body experience a number of reactions to the sudden drop in oestrogen levels. These include:-
- Disturbance to the nervous system causing irritability, depression and anxiety.
- Slowing down the metabolism rate causing fat retention and obesity.
- Vasomotor dysfunction causing hot flushes, sweats and possibly the symptoms of unstable blood pressure.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) considers that the purpose of herbal treatment should accept normal female physiology and therefore aim to allow women to pass through the menopause without side effects rather than retain ovulation. Therefore the practitioner should aim to achieve the following:-
- To reduce the discomfort of hot flushes and sweats, the herbs to this are Han Lian Cao (Herba Ecliptae) and Nu Zhen Zi (Fructus Ligustrii Lucidi).
- To prevent any fat retention, buildup of high cholesterol or hypertension and diabetes. The herbs to do this include Fu Ling (Tuckahoe mushroom), Sheng Di Huang (Rehmannia Glutinosa) and He Shou Wu (Radix Polygoni Multiflori).
- To prevent or cure any vaginal dryness and maintain sexual function reaction and normal sexuality. It is additionally very important to keep good health during the menopause period but because this is individual to every person we can choose from the many available herbs for each persons specific needs to cure any urinary tract infections.
While this is a common occurrence for any middle or older aged women it is not easy to cure. Therefore natural herbs should be chosen as early as possible to avoid any bacterial drug resistance that can arise from long term use. We choose herbs that fight bacteria and boost the immune system, in addition there are certain herbs that help improve the tension in the smooth muscle areas of the bladder. In conclusion if you are currently experiencing the menopause why not take the opportunity to consult a TCM doctor? Why not look to the long-term health benefits of using the natural herbal approach to reducing the symptoms of the menopause and curing menopause related problems. Herbal King stocks preparations to help allieviate the symptons in our online shop.