Although we have not found any literature on AIDS in the ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine works, Traditional Chinese Medicine has accumulated plenty of clinic experience over thousands of years in fighting virus and controlling the deficiency of immune system which are being used by modern Chinese medicine in the treatment of AIDS. We would like to share our clinic experience in curing IDS with you.
For the diseases caused by various viruses Traditional Chinese Medicine enjoys its clear treatment and specific herbal medicine. Some of examples are as follows:
|Type of Virus||Herbal Medicine|
|Virus of Flu||Radix Isatidis (Ban Lan Gen), Folium Isaditis (Da Qing Ye)|
|Parotitis||Radix Isatidis (Ban Lan Gen), Rhizoma Cimicifugae (Sheng Ma), Fructus Forsythiae (Lian Qiao)|
|Facial Muscle Paralysis||Bombyx Batryticatus (Jiang Can), Radix Angelicae Dahuricae (Bai Zhi)|
|Herpes Zoster||Radix Gentianae Scabrae (Long Dan Cao), Herba Portulacae Oleraceae (Ma Chi Jian), Mon Shurian Aristolochia Stem (Mu Tong)|
|Enterritis||Radix Pulsatillae (Bai Tou Weng), Cortex Magnoliae Officinalis (Hou Pu)|
|Herpes||Rhizoma Smilacis Glabrae (Tu Fu Ling), Bombyx Batryticatus (Jiang Can), Radix Sophorae Subprostratae (Shan Dou Gen)|
Infectious Diseases Medicine science in TCM has been developing pretty quickly during 16th and17th centuries in which there was a famous TCM Dr Youke Wu. In his book ‘Theory on Pestilence’ (Wen Yi Lun) he mentioned that when people contract a certain virus it will then be hiding away in the body for a few months to many years and the principal treatment is to fight the virus. ‘Treatise on Classification and Treatment of Seasonal Febrile Diseases’ (Wen Bing Tiao Bian) is another well known medical work in which there is an effective and famous prescription namely ‘Sheng Jiang Shan’ for many kinds of respiratory virus diseases.
‘Paediatrics Poxes’, a section from the ‘Mirror fro Original Medicine ’(Yi Zong Jin Jian), which is a medical encyclopedia edited in 18th century, is monograph in the specialty of virus medication, in which there are many prescriptions that could be widely used for various kinds of virus diseases of adults.
Like herpes B & C, AIDS is passed on through blood. AIDS virus can not live long in air and the sun. It won’t be more difficult to treat this virus than to do Flu virus in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
The mechanism of natural herbal medicine in fighting virus is to be studied in the research of subject of medicine. In the clinic Traditional Chinese Medicine practice, a shortcut of discovery of new effects of herbal medicine is doing repeated comparisons among ancient prescriptions and ones for similar diseases.
2. Boost Immune System
AIDS and other viruses share the commonness that all these viruses have certain host cells. Immunocytes are supposed to be the natural enemy of all viruses. However, AIDS virus searches for T cells to attack. Even though the other immunity functions of immune system should still have ability to defense. The occurring of HIV antigen is supportive of it.
In the treatment of AIDS, Traditional Chinese Medicine chooses some herbs to fight virus directly and other herbs to achieve the recovery and boost of immune system.
There are many literatures in the ancient medical works about the use of ‘tonic herbs’ to treat infectious diseases, to prevent diseases and even to have cured a variety of diseases.
Herbs, which are effective and often used to improve immunity, are as follows: Ginseng, Radix Astragali (Huang Qi), Fructus Lycii Chinensis (Gou Ji Zi), Radix Polygoni Multiflori (He Shou Wu) and (Xian Ling Pi) etc.
The only use of the above mentioned ‘tonic herbs’ not enough to improve immunity as we have used many other herbs in those success cases of curing immune system diseases. For example, for Lupus erythematosus, we add Herba Artemisiae Apiaceae (Qing Hao), Cortex Moutan Radicis (Mu Dan Pi), Radix Scutellariae (Huang Qin). For Scleroderma, we put into the prescription the following herbs: Radix Clematidis (Wei Ling Xian), Semen Persicae (Tao Ren), Radix Puerariae (Ge Gen). For general rheumatoid arthritis, we normally add Fructus Chaenomelis (Mu Gua) and Caulis Piperis Futokadsurae (Hai Feng Teng) etc. The above-mentioned examples show that the principles of treatment in adjusting function of immune system are a variety.
According to the experience of the success case of AIDS, the main treatment was the use of ‘tonic herbs’ and of herbs aiming at fighting virus to enhance the treatment. The condition would become stable to be improved if we could adjust the interaction of the body systems to a balance.
3. Our Treatment Theory of AIDS
- Early stage or simple HIV positive. Anti-viral herbs are the core of the treatment and one course of treatment lasts 6 months.
- Late stage or with multiple symptoms. Boost the immunity and improve the functions of body organs. Anti-viral herbs are also needed and other herbs are to improve the blood-producing function of bone marrow. The course of the treatment is one year or more.
- We have found in some effective ancient prescriptions that some herbs can be used for bacterial infection, such as carbuncle, furuncle, folliculitis etc. and also for virus diseases such as jaundice hepatitis and poliomyelitis etc and even for malaria. It is hard to understand this from the point of view of medical theory. However, it might be possible that these herbs are not acting on virus itself, but are helpful in clear the inflammation caused by viruses. They are effective for the recovery of the inflammation tissues and are able to prevent the condition from deterioration. They also make it easier for immunocytes to identify and attack viruses. Their importance has the attention.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine theory holds that brain is the commander of body organs and its function or mental state often affects body organs. Aids sufferers are always worrying too much and feeling a bit low. Their function of brain and nervous system are in long-term depression, which is no good for the balance of body systems. We therefore think that it is also important to give patients confidence and show them your care to help the treatment mentally along with a combination of herbs including those able to adjust brain and nerves.
- Some AIDS patients suffer a repeated occurring of internal infections. They come and go. This situation is also seen in some chronic diseases sufferers, such as chronic kidney deficiency and diabetes etc. In the book ‘Treatise on Classification and Treatment of Seasonal Febrile Diseases’ (Wen Bing Tiao Bian), Dr. Tang Wu had his explanation and treatment for these diseases. He prescribed two types of herbs which were to ‘invigorate Qi (energy)’ and ‘nourish blood’. On his basis of medical experience we add more herbs able to stimulate the production of blood and improve the function of internal secretion. For the repeated liver infections and internal secretion infections we add anti-inflammation and anti-infection herbs according to the different organs infected.
- AIDS patients might develop tumors at their late stage we therefore use the way we treat tumors along with that for viruses. Cancer patients we treated are more than AIDS sufferers. The way we treat cancer patients is to boost their immune system and make it stable without restraining cancer cells division, which is the characteristic in common with AIDS. We believe Traditional Chinese Medicine is the most suitable and best treatment at the moment for patients suffering tumors and/or AIDS.
We do not have many AIDS cases in hand as Traditional Chinese Medicine is currently out of Britain’s legal health system and Aids patients are therefore under tense nursing. According to the treatment of over ten AIDS sufferers and their result, we strongly believe we could obtain more accurate medical reports and perfect prescriptions within two years if we could have 100 AIDS patients to be treated in our clinics and we could even achieve to cure AIDS by using natural herbal medicine. We are sincerely expecting to cooperate with relevant departments under Department of Health of UK and to cooperate with the specialists in virus field.