A virus is a very tiny protein particle. So tiny that it can dig into its host cell and consider the host cell’s store of nutrient as its own private food store. As a result anti-bacterial products have no effect. Also there are so many different virus types, which individually can invade any of the organs or tissues of the human body; for example viral pneumonia, viral hepatitis, viral enteritis or viral conjunctivitis and herpes. Virus can also invade the central nervous system and as in the case of AIDS invade the immune system. But only recently has effective research been done on how many ways natural herbs can resist virus, some of which are listed here:-
- To resist and eliminate the virus directly and completely.
- To improve the immunological ability to recognise and oppose each virus specifically.
- To accelerate normal cellular metabolic activity. In the unhealthy infected cell the lifespan is shortened and destroyed and lots of reproductive virus can then get into the blood stream. In healthy cells there is a greater ability to resist the virus and prolong the time-span the virus is outside of the cell during which time cellular immunity can be improved greatly increasing the cells ability to kill the virus.
So which natural cells have ability to do the abovementioned functions?
- Historically known anti-viral herbs, such as Qing Hao (Herba Artemisia Apiaceae), Da Qing Ye (Folium Isaditis), Ban Lan Gen ( Radix Isaditis) and Lian Qiao ( Fructus Forsythiae) etc.
- Herbs which can improve the immunity of body fluids and cells such as Dong Chong Cao (Cordyceps Sinensis) , Ling Zhi (Ganoderma Lucidum), Huang Qi (Radix Astragali) etc.
- Herbs specified for the individual system, organ or tissue according to the Traditional Chinese Medicine techniques through the practitioner’s experience and qualification.
THE PREPARATION OF RAW HERBSThe Anti-Viral granules created by Prof. Duo Gao and Prof. Yilan Shen over the last fifteen years utilise the properties of all three functions mentioned above. They can be used to treat Hepatitis B & C, also herpes and HIV-type viral infections. They show ability to boost the immune system effectiveness, to isolate and eject viral infections. Taken over a course of three to twelve months they would be combined with regular three monthly blood tests to record the changes in the relative blood levels. Once the tests show the blood levels clear a further three months treatment is recommended to strength the long term effect. For viruses of the nervous system treatment is best given by using the formula called “herpes tea” or Dai Zhuang Pao Zhen Cha and Mian Mian Ma Bi Cha. Infections of the upper respiratory tract are best treated with Yin Qiao Pian pills or Bi Yan Qing Du Ji formula.